1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well im screwed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Nov 19, 2014.

1. David21201

so today i was talking to my school counselor about me being gay. the was she was saying things made it seem like she told my mom. she said things such as "oh, i bet she knows" or "maybe she wouldnt be surprised because of how close you and R**** are"
    I was clueless at first... then i was thinking. Yesterday R came down with Strep Throat and I told my mom. my mom was like "dont be kissing her" it took me a few minutes to realize what she said. then i said "eww" ... i am SO confused...
    Should i be concerned about her (counselor) telling my parents about my PERSONAL stuff?? Isnt it also like illegal?

2. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not know the law there, but regardless if it's legal or not, it is highly inappropriate for the school counselor to give out personal details such as that, without your consent, especially if you are not at risk.

On the other hand, I don't see how you're screwed. It seems as though your mom is taking it well. It may not be on the terms you wanted, but if that was her response, it sounds like you have an amazing mom and an amazing ally :slight_smile: .

3. David21201

*IF she knows...
    my mom will crack jokes about this stuff. IF she knows i guess i shouldnt be too worried then?