1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-mails

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, May 8, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

I e-mail my Uncle Tim a copy of that petition for gay marriage that i posted on here. here is his ridiculus response:

"Morganna, *(he calls me that :bang: i HATE it, as it's not my real name )

I believe ALL people were created by God-and he made them male and female
    for a reason. Think about what would be the logical end of gay marriages:
    the end of the human race! (And no, I don't think that test tube babies are
    the answer to that!) Marriage is a special bond that God designated for the
    survival of us.

LUV,
    MHUT" *(wtf???)

*=my input

Here is MY response:

"Well, just because gay marriage is allowed, that doesn't mean everyone's going to turn gay. there will still be plenty of non-gay people to have children. Lesbian women still have babies, they go to sperm banks or get pregnant from a friend. And God created gay people too! Where else would they have come from? And it's not a choice. With all the ridicule in the world towards gay who in the hell would WANT to be gay? gay men adopt children that no straight person wants. the world is quickly overpopulating as it is, causing closer quarters and more rapid spread of disease and sickness! And marriage is a human right, not a privilage to those who are straight. the true fact is 1 our of 10 people are gay. that means that at LEAST one person you know or someone you know knows is gay. You might just not know. Most of them don't just go around with a sign saying 'look i'm gay!' i mean some people show their pride but it's only to show that they are people to and deserve equal rights! just because a guy may love a guy and a woman love a woman doesn't mean that they are any different that people who love people of the opposite sex. Being hetero is just more common. And if your one of those bible people, (which i'm assuming since you teach Sunday school and mentioned God inb your e-mail) then you are sorrowfully misinformed if you only believe from a book that was written thousands of years before your time. Things have changed. Obviously we don't stone sinful people or shun those with diseases. Being gay is not a sin if people are BORN that we. How is it fair to say that gay people can't practice being gay? That's like telling you or any other straight person that they can't have sex because God only created us to do it only to have children. And don't kid me, i know everyone does not do it just for that or most women would be having babies every nine months! gays deserve the same rights as anyone else. As they are people just like anyone else. And marriage is not all about sex and having children either. not everyone who's married has children. and if they allow gay marriage it will be no different than it is now, excpet that a good thousands of people will be happily married. gays still are couples without being married and they still adopt and have children without marriage. and as far as i know the human race has done anything but decline int he last hundred years (just look at China with the 1 child law!!!). So I think you should rethink your beliefs and not be so niave about things that you are not properly informed about!

So here's that link to the petition again. You don't have to sign it. But for the sake of gay couples everywhere. I would LOVE if you signed it. and not jut because of me asking you to either. i want you to want to sign it!

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/millionformarriageac"

2. Your response to him was absolutely fantastic:eusa_clap And I bet he thought he could get you with that religious garb but your reply was perfect!
    You should have told him too, when religious beliefs like that ruled the world it was called the DARK ages.

3. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just make sure that you respect his views just as you would want him to respect yours. good luck with trying to make him understand but personally i dont believe in gay marriage either... idk why i just dont (i think i am bisexual) and yes i am a christian so idk blame it on that if you want lol

4. Steam Giant

Wow Writer, that was just perfect! I think you hit on just about every counter-point there is! ^^ Nice work!

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

It's okay. I understand. :thumbsup: You're just one of those people who don't accept gays/gay marriage because you are still in denial that you are gay/bi yourself. (either that or you're just here to bash gays with your unimformed beliefs that gays don't deserve equal rights :eek:slight_smile: but i'll just give you the benefit of the doubt. :tongue:

6. WheelerBoi

WheelerBoi Guest

OUCH! :grin:

7. TeeBe

I think that everyone has had one of those "anti-gay marriage" confrontations, kudos on how you handeled that!

Hey, did he end up signing it?

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's a great response writergurl! Good for you for starting the dialogue. You have given your Uncle Tim something to think about. :slight_smile:

9. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ouch is right lol no idk i am like the opposite of the gay sterotype... basically sided with republicans like my entire family is. that includes gay marriage for me. i play sports, flirt w/ girls (not knowing it), i guess im popular??... idk everyone knows me but yea i dont act gay at all but i kno i am at least bi and i am happy with me being gay 5 of 7 days... if its a good week lol

10. lol im the same way except im republican (not conservative however) and my family's hardcore Democrat. Its all good though cause we balance each other out

11. Sam

Sam

I have posted that link on here before and I sent an email to some of my family members basically coming out to them and asking them to sign the petition at the same time and my cousins reaction was the same as your uncles in that he brought god into the email and said that I would have an unfullfilling life and I will be lonely and he said other stuff but it really hurt me today he refuses to talk to me so all I hope for you is that your uncle doesn't disown you like my cousin did to me over the same thing oh and I did sign the petition maybe a month ago keep up the good work and I'm sorry for your uncles reaction.
    Sam