1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got to get out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VeddiaVonkin, Nov 22, 2014.

1. VeddiaVonkin

I am a closited athiestic lesbian and i am 16 years old living in the bible belt. I go to a small town school that makes me afraid of who i am because homophobia and bull shit is the norm. especially with the adults. My parents are the same. Completely aginst homosexuals and will kick me out. I love my mother but i know that if she finds out she may hate me. I cant take it. My dad is getting out of prision in a year and i cant face him. Im trying to move out but i dont know what to do.

2. David21201

have any friends that know and would let u stay with them if the worst happ3ns?

3. kumawool

Is there a counsellor or therapist at your school? Many have them. Start seeing them on a regular basis, and ask for support in coming out. Discuss housing options if the coming out goes poorly. For example, if you come out and have a negative response, you're now in an 'abusive household', and can be placed on an emergency housing list, if where you live has social housing. Having the professional interaction is important, because often the professional will have to simply give you a letter confirming the abuse is taking place. Once on that list, you'll be in housing within a few months. Without the emergency status, it would take 1-2 years typically.

Just an idea.

4. forestguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I would go to the counselor at your school for support. That's something I really wish I had done when I was in high school.

I also had friend back then who had an abusive father and she basically spent all her evenings and summers taking community college classes to graduate early and get out of her situation.