1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ktr123, Nov 22, 2014.

1. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so staying in the closet is half of why i'm so depressed lately and its making me very mood and i fell like i can't be myself around people i only come out to my best friend who has my back the whole way i know i can be myself around her but i what to come out my mum calls me her little pretty girl but i what that girl to be guy when i see my body clothed or not it gross me out i know my mum and dad are very understanding i know there fine with gays bi but i'm not sure on trans and i can't really bring it out to test the waters because its just not something we talk about and i'm worryed that my mum gonna blame it on herself because i all was been into male things and when i'm at partys and what not i all was hang around a male group all my friends are females and i see them as the opposite sex from me but i'm scared they will walk away from me and that people will call me a freak but i what to be a male i what to live as a male i what to be free my mum all was wondered why i'm so down lately i just push it off as its a nothing i often like to stay home and my mum all was wondered why i have to wear skirts and dress thats why i what to come out of the closet but i'm not sure when i should or if i should

2. mangotree

Hard to give advice here. You know your parents better than anyone on here.
    In my opinion, from the parts that I understood in your post, your parents don't sound like the kind of people who would dis-own their child or kick them out of home for coming out.

3. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    there not its just the fear because I seen the way some parents can act and there putting the pressure on me of calling me there little girl and i'm unsure how to break it to them that i'm there son not there little girl

4. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im sorry for the way that u feel at the moment. And i completely understand. It sounds as if ur parents would be understanding and accepting. Only you truly know them though, so that decision will have to ultimately be urs to make.
    That said, we can give you help that should provide some clarity. It sounds to me that ur other problem is figuring out how to say it. It may help to write down what u want to say to them on a piece of paper, and then, this may sound illy, but it helped me, go over what you want to say to them while standing in front of a mirror. It helps you get the feeing that ur saying them out loud to someone without the pressure of actually doing it. It may also help to write them a letter. That way you can clearly say all of what you want to say.
    Also, you just have to hope for the best. Try to see the good in people. Every peron has a little good hidden inside themelves that is just waiting to be found and released. Good luck

#4 love dont judge, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  5. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you yes they are its really just the fear and what to say but I was all so thinking of maybe doing it by phone while at someone house just in case something dose happen I can stay there for a few days i'm out to my best friend and she said she help me not matter what and have my back its just the fear the will blame it on themselves because I all was hanged around males and played with male toys and acted very male like and I don't what that to happen I will keep that in mind thank you very much

6. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem. Its good that you have a back up plan, and someone to fall back on. When yo do come out, jusst reinforce the fact that this isnt anybodies fault to them. Inform them of y u have done some of these things, and that is just a feeling you feel, just like they fel right in their bodies.

7. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    right its not there fault I felt that way all my life I just come to terms with it now and I fell its right I let them know its what I fell and its in no way there fault I do have my friend to take my back if anything happens she a very understanding person same with my parents but and even if understanding it can take a while for them to accept it because I know they where really happy to have a girl

8. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it probably will, since theyve raised u since you were born. Theyve always seen you as you birth sex instead of ur correct gender, and itll take them a while to change their point of view on you. Im not saying that it wont happen, just that itll take them a while.

9. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know I think that's why I would be better doing it over at a friends you know so if anything gose wrong I can stay there for a few days until things come down

10. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya. Ik. I wrote my dad and stepmom a letter, and left it at their house when i went over to my moms, so they had a week to think about my sexuality. I havent told them my gender quite yet, but itll be soon. Theyll react positevly, and wont care. Thank goodnes for that.

11. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I see the good thing is I do have understanding parents so i'm sure it won't take long for them to say well if she whats to be a he let it be they all was told me do what ever makes me happy

12. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here. Its good to see that not all the people in this world are bigoted and judge people for no descent reason. Im glad that ur parents are like that

13. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    true , I all was had a open mind to this kind of thing like dose it really matter if it makes the person happy plus its them not you you can't do anything to stop it

14. FreeFlow9917

Damn. I just came out 3 weeks ago and let me say; it takes a lot of fucking weight off of your shoulders. It'll make you so fucking light that you'll want to fly. I was scared to come out for at least 3 years because I was so scared of being hurt or thrown out. As well as my moms wish to have a grandchild. Do it only if you feel like it'll end your suffering and make you want to fly.