1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by themeinsideofme, Nov 23, 2014.

1. themeinsideofme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, so I'm already out to any of my friends/family members that its safe to come out to. The thing is, that was awhile ago and it kinda made me wanna come out to everyone but I know I can't but the urge has been building to the point where its almost slipped out a few times (and by "slipped out" I mean I've bee pretty close to blurting out "i'm gay" in the middle of a conversation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Anyway, I'm really scared of coming out to anyone else, but its driving me crazy to stay in the closet, and with the holidays coming up I'm worried that if I don't come out to someone, I'm gonna accidentally end up coming out to everyone, if that makes any sense :/

2. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you. I have come out recently to my parents and two close friends and everything went very good, however in my circles I have other people that aren't very accepting, but I will thell them

If you want to come out and are confident and ready I advice you to do so, because these people will have to face the truth sooner or later. I think the moment you choose to come out (or in case you have a slip of the tongue) isn't as important as the confident you are in yourself and your identity. :icon_wink

3. TheHesitantAlien

I totally agree! :slight_smile: I recently came out to a slightly wider range of school friends, at which point some twat (if you'll excuse the language ;D) overheard me (I assume) and started telling a load of people (before I felt ready to tell them)...

4. themeinsideofme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you guys so much! Hopefully over the holiday I'll get to test the waters a bit and hopefully I'll be able to come out