1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Nov 23, 2014.

1. David21201

alright... i think my parents know i am a lesbian.
    Today we were just talking and my mom said "one day youre gonna marry a great guy...or girl"
    i said gross but it was delayed as always. I talkec to my gf about it and she was as scared as i was. We ended up talking for 2 hoyrs about it.
    Then later before dinner/during dinner they said i was GOING TO marry a guy and be happy like them (my parents). Told my gf and she said just cone ojt
    some of you may know that i planned to wait to come out for various reasons, well now i am confused.... One minute its your gonna be w/ a guyor girl then its you WILL be with a guy.
    Should I tell my parents? Should I just ignore it? Do you think they know? I would talk ro my counselor but i no longer trust her... (basically parents didnt start making same-sex stuff a topic until i told my counselor about me sooo...yeah)
    Any help would be awesome

2. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like they may know something; maybe they think you're bi, but they definitely seem to know you're attracted to women.

The good news is they sound accepting and willing to try to understand; that's good. If you want to tell them, go for it. If you need time, just let it be.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be very proud of your Mom. In raising the possibility that you might meet a girl she did something very positive.. something few parents even pause to consider. I don't know how well you get on with your Mom, but I hope you will give her some credit for acknowledging the fact that you might be lesbian, rather than making assumptions about your orientation. I think she deserves that.

I suspect your reaction made her re-consider the idea that you might meet a girl, so later on, at dinner, they both back-tracked with the bolder comments about you marrying a guy. If your Mom thought it had offended you, she may have spoken to your Dad and they could be trying to make amends.

It doesn't sound like your Mom is narrow-minded and I think she has opened up the possibility for you to come out, if you want to. The final decision must be yours though. Maybe you could refer back to the conversation to set the ball rolling?