1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Atlas, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Atlas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ...that i go to school with that I'd really like to get to know better. The problem is that i don't know what to do :icon_sad:

I say hi occasionally on Facebook, but other than that i can't really bring myself to talk to him. I don't want to seem overbearing or awkward or anything; I just want to give off a good impression when I do talk to him. I just think he's kinda being dense, like he doesn't get the message that I'm trying to put forth a little extra effort to be friends with him. And I'm not looking for a relationship or anything, just a friendship. Purely platonic. Any ideas how i can maybe send a better message?

2. Cool Beans

Do you have any classes or anything with him? If so, then obviously you'd want to chat him up on a regular basis. Nothing too deep, just friendly chatter. Now, if you don't have any classes together or any other common activities where you'd be running into him, it's trickier, but there are things you can do. For example, if you are on Facebook and you happen to notice that he's posted an interesting status update or some photos, comment! Obviously I'm not saying you should stalk the boy, but take advantage of those opportunities.

Just be friendly and don't get too personal too quickly.