1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Real Date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While I have gone out with people it has always been a sort of casual "hey wanna come over to my house and hang" sort of thing. But now I am going on a date with this new guy. I am so nervous I'm having trouble keeping myself together. It isn't that I am nervous to find out what he is like. I have known him for a while and we have hung out before and I know he is nice. It is that I really like him and I don't want to look like an idiot or a creep or something.

He is so different from the last two guys I dated. He is very chivalrous and sweet and funny and to be honest I'm not sure that I deserve him. I guess I still have a few lingering problems with my own self esteem or something. I just don't know what he sees in me.

We are going to be going to the movies Saturday night. I realize it is cliche, but what are you going to do. But before that he is actually going to take me on a little less formal get together for lunch in about 30 minutes to go to a local authentic Japanese restaurant. I'm just so nervous of making an ass out of myself. I'm just going to try to pull myself together and just be myself, because even though I don't know what it is he sees in me I guess it really doesn't matter so I just have to go and have fun and be myself.

2. EM68

Just be yourself. I had my first date with a guy a couple of weeks ago. I was nervous too! I acted just like I normally do and it went fine. Have fun and enjoy his company. :slight_smile:

3. Corny

Corny Guest

Of course you deserve him! Do you think he would go out with you otherwise?
    If you are yourself and not act like someone that you are not everything will be fine. You seem to be unsecure just because you don't know in which direction all this is headed, but don't think about it too much now. Dates like those are to figure out in which direction you might be heading :slight_smile: Good Luck!