1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

posters...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by spellbound118, Oct 10, 2008.

1. spellbound118

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so up until yesterday i was on a mission to convince mum i was straight..and it worked cos she had absolutely no idea. but then like explained in the other thread i had enough of living a lie and came clean last night.
    so as her to never question my sexuality and i used it in defence after a fight with me defending gays i have posters of guys topless all over my room..obv i don't really want them there ! And now she knows that...but i think it would be too weird to just take them down.. i mean don't get me wrong i have no intention of replacing them with girls, that would be too weird for mum. but i dunno what to do..i feel silly still having them there.. :confused:
    any advice???

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel silly having them up on the walls, just take them down. I don't think it is weird to take them down. Do you have other posters that you can put up instead?

3. spellbound118

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really, i mean i have a lot of harry potter posters that i will leave up. but most are guys. maybe i should order some posters that i could put up so it doesn't look so obvious??

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well maybe take one down at a time and replace it with something else that way its not such a shock to mom.

5. NuthinButLuv

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would take them down, but I would think maybe replacing them with something would be a good idea. If your mom is still in the denial stage (or hoping it's a phase), leaving them up may only feed that.

If you replace them, you're kind of saying, Hey I found this poster I like better than the hot guy. If you just take down the hot guys, you're kind of saying I can't stand to look at that anymore which may be a little more blunt than you want to be. Obviously that may not be the reality of what's going through your mind, but something like that may be why you're thinking it would be wierd.

You could also move your Harry Potter posters around in the process so you're effectively redecorating, not just replacing the guys on your walls. That will probably make it a little less wierd and soften the change for your mom.

6. spellbound118

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats a cool idea. I think i might do that, she will click why im doing it but it wont be as blunt which should be easier. Things are all a bit awkward at the moment :S
    Thanks for the idea :thumbsup:

7. Mickey

Congrats on coming out!

8. spellbound118

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks :thumbsup: Definatly a lot better now that i have :grin: