1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so guilty ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justbehappy, Nov 27, 2014.

1. justbehappy

So, yeah, today I had a pretty shitty day. I was talking to one of my friends and she's actually a pretty nice and accepting person, and in the middle of all the talking she started to talk about guys, and how I would marry an English guy when I move to England ... it was nothing serious, it's was kinda of joke. But the point is I identify as bisexual to family and my best friend and I do like guys but not to the point of sleeping with them. So as we can see marriage it's also off the question. But even knowing that, after she said that, I didn't correct her and literally lied to her face. I felt so guilty.
    Basically every classmate of mine thinks I'm straight as hell.
    They are all really accepting and I'm sure if they knew there wouldn't be a problem at all ( we had a lesbian in our class, and none of us, actually the whole school didn't had a problem with that ), but even so I can't stop feeling really scared. :icon_sad:
    What should I do ? Should I tell them ?

2. Amerigo

ah, the all too familiar feeling of guilt for not being authentic to oneself. i have been in the same position. remind yourself, you inadvertently "lied" to her face not to be malicious, or devious, or evil, you did so to keep the peace. many people like us, fail to correct people, but that does not mean we are not courageous, it means we are wise. for it is not always wise to be out, loud & proud :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: when the situation does not suit. the fact that people thinking you are straight bothers you, shows you love yourself for who you really are :slight_smile:

is your choice if you wish to tell people you are a lesbian, or give them clues, or not tell them at all. i used to deny being gay in high-school, but recently told a high-school friend i was gay. he understood why i did not tell him in the beginning, i'm sure your peers will understand.

3. mangotree

Don't forget that same-sex marriage is legal in England :slight_smile:
    Coming out in high school is a lot more common than it used to be, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. Your real friends will understand and accept you regardless of when you tell them.

4. closeenough

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Take your time to accept/determine who you are, and the rest will follow.

5. LoneWolfRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a vera ambivalent time... The most important thing is to be ready before you come out. Till then it will be hard, but don't worry about it too much. Coming out before you are ready could come out far worse!

6. justbehappy

First of all, thanks for all your replies, they helped. Second, today I spoke to my best friend ( who also happens to be bisexual) and I told her what happened in the other day. She also said not to worry and if I was considering telling my classmates about my sexual identity, I could start to tell them one by one.
    So basically, she and I were talking and one of the most trusting people I ever met in my entire life, which I have the pleasure to call friend came over to us. We tried to give her little hints and after about 20 obvious hints or so, she still didn't got it. I know I can tell her since she won't be telling no one, she will literally take it to her grave if I ask her to or not ( thankfully she's not to fond of gossips ).
    The rest of the class I'm not so sure when I'm gonna tell or if I'm gonna tell them cuz after one of them knows the rest of the school will know, that is if I don't ask them to keep it a secret.

Just realized I'm surrounded by amazing people.

Anyway, once again, thank you for you're replies. Kisses and (*hug*).