1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotta Love "That" Cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Nov 27, 2014.

1. David21201

ok happy thanksgiving.
    So my family has a huge feast. yaddayaddayadda. Anyway I was bored as HELL cause I'm the oldest of my generation and im 'too young' for the next generation so I drew two female symbols intertwinning on my hand where nobody would notice. Well my stepdad noticed and asked what it was. I denied it was even there. He wrestled my hand to look at it but I rubbed it to the point of no recognition. Well after that, my older cousin, lets call her C, called me over to her. She's out as a bisexual and not everybody approves. Her roommate/best friend/girlfriend that really isnt her girlfriend came to X-mas last year with C. M (C's roommate) told C after they got home that she thought I was a lesbian. C asked me if I was and I nodded and told her about my gf. She gave me a huge ass hug and said my secret was safe. I guess it was because I was the first to know about her too... haha... then after that C said she was taking me to Con in June! yay!
    So i guess to my question now.
    How should I tell my gf about C knowing?
    How should I handle any further questions my stepfather asks?

2. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your girlfriend should hopefully support you and have no problem that your cousin knows. It's your family, and she should respect that. You should just tell her. It shouldn't be a big deal.

As to your second question, for me, I denied to my mom that I was a lesbian for so long. I actually still do. Though, if she asked me right now, I might tell her the truth.
    I knew that I depended on her a lot, and if she didn't accept me, I don't know what I'd do. After all, my mom's the only parent I have.

However, as to your stepfather, I see no reason why you can't just avoid the subject or just deny any accusations he makes. I'm not saying lying is a good thing, but I don't really see it as a lie. You would just be not bringing up something you're not comfortable addressing with him. Plus, you're 13. You have plenty of time in the future for him to know.

I wish you the best of luck!

3. Oh hai

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's great! Wish I had a family member I felt like I could trust! As for your gf, just tell her, shouldn't be a big deal. As for stepdad, I think maybe you should deny it. so basically what idefygravity said.