1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my bestfriends parents!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shrug, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Shrug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so my bestfriends parents r the only ppl im not out to,my friend( kole) keeps telling me i should tell them! theyre like my 2nd set of parents and i knw i kould go 2 them 4 anything, and i honestly have no klue why i think i kant tell them, my mom even got mad at me for not telling them! its so weird kuz every time i think about i feel like ive regressed a yr 2 bakk wen i waz in the closet! kole keeps telling me they wont tnk anyless of me, but i juz dnt know what 2 do, wen i kame out 2 my own parents it waz in a fight(long story), so i didnt rly come out to them in a formal way, but this time i myte have to (basically)! wat should i do???

2. Gumtree

Err, well if you 'want' to come out to them then i suggest you do so.

Do it in a direct way so there's no confusion. Just bring it up when the time feels right - if you're watching a movie and the subject comes up perhaps, also nothing wrong with taking them aside and telling them in a formal conversation type scenario.

Good luck!

3. kramer362

Is the "c" on your keyboard broken?

I suggest hinting or writing a letter if you can't bring yourself to do it in person. Chances are they already know if they are the only two people you're not out to, and you're so close with them. Go for it!

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either write them a letter or have your best friend by your side when you do it. That should make things a little easier on you.