1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I will ever be able to come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Clancularius, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

So I've been trying to move towards coming out. But I'm not sure I can come out to anyone I know. Earlier today I was talking to my mom and I said something about transsexuals and she told me not to talk about it because it was not something she felt comfortable talking about. This got me a bit paranoid because I thought my mom would be supportive when I came out. My older sister is the only person I know will be supportive when I come out, because I told her a lot about what it's like to be transsexual(without coming out) and she reacted positively. But the rest of my family is very conservative and I don't think they would be supportive. I have very few friends and only one that I know will be supportive. What should I do, I'm scared and very lonely.

2. WyldStyle

Don't be lonely, we're here for you. This Thanksgiving I had a similar situation, the topic of trans came up and I could tell my entire family thought trans were weird in a bad way. I clammed up pretty darn quick I'll tell ya that. But don't let their lack of support stop you. What they don't know won't hurt them. For example, my parents don't know that I've worn skirts to class, or that I'm sitting in their basement in a dress and leggings right now.

Keep your chin up, coming out isn't always necessary.