1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zak, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

My neighbor, lets say Jordan, well her and her friend, lets say Briana, went to Wall-mart with me today. I bought a sub and w/e. So, when we were walking home, i see Jordan and Briana taking stuff out of their belts and sleeves...and their chip bag =O. They obviously stole them and i hadn't a clue. I told them that they have problems, b/c they have told me they steal almost every time they go anywhere. Also, i know that Jordan has a drinking problem..like me, but i can control it, and so does Briana. When I let them on my computer when we got to my house, i saw a bottle in Briana's purse (sorry for being curious) and i pulled it out, it was sorta hidden in a glove. Well, i look at it for about 1 second and Jordan snatches it away and starts freaking out about I shouldn't be in Briana's purse. It was a little bottle of alcohol, I knew because I have heard the brand name on the TV, but i can't recall it now. I tried to tell them that they need help but they just pshh'd me. What should I do?

What should I do, i don't know...if I don't say anything then they might go to Juvie or whatnot, but If a say something they might spill the whole "gay" thing. :frowning2:

- Zak

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, don't pull stuff out of your friend's purse. You saw it, you knew what the problem was, you could have just let her know that you saw the bottle in her purse and confronted her in that way.

That said, you could distance yourself a bit from them. I am not sure if these are the kind of people you want to be hanging out with because if you want it or not, you could be getting into trouble as well. You do not want to be around people who steal and drink and think it is okay. Sooner or later they will be caught. How old are your friends?

Could you not talk to your parents and tell them what happened? If not, distancing yourself from them is perhaps the best thing you can do.

Hope this helps!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, these don't sound like people you're going to want to hang around very much if you can help it.

Lex

4. Louise

You definately need to get a new set of friends, if they steal and you are with them you will be caught and tarred with the same brush and the whole 'gay' thing will come out as everyone tries to cover their own backs.

That these guys have a drinking and stealing problem is not your problem to deal with, if they end up in juvie then they will have put themselves their all by themselves. Don't get involved, it's just not worth it.

I don't want to contradict you but you are only 13 what are you doing drinking? You may think you can control it now but is is a slippery slope and you don't actually realise it untill you are either half way down or right at the bottom. I know I am sounding all mumsy and annoying but you really should try and stay away from alcohol, especially if you are using it to dull the pain of difficult moments in your life because it will become a reflex habit... going through a hard patch, reach for the bottle. That is not a solution and never has been.

Ok lecture over, you know all these things already I am sure but I just wanted to say them anyway. Look after yourself and let your friends and their parents worry about them.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh Zak, these friends are not good for you! If they get caught stealing and you are with them, you are going down too. We don't want that for you! Find some new friends and stop the drinking! You don't need alcohol at your age. You don't need it at any age but if you continue to drink, you are going to ruin your life.