1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who first?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Starshine16

So I realized I was bisexual about two years ago and have not come out to a lot of people yet.It's probably because I have very few friends and 98% of them are Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual anyway and those are the ones I came out to.I have not come out to anyone in my family yet.But the thing that surprises me is the comments I have gotten from my dad versus the comments I have gotten from my mother.

My dad and I were joking around the other day about me not dating anyone for awhile and he said that he didn't care who I ended up with as long as I was happy.My mother on the other hand was like"why do gay people have to come out at all?" My mom and I have the better relationship overall,but I think my dad suspects more than my mom does and he seems more okay with the possibility than my mother is.So I don't know who I should start with when I do come out.

2. NuthinButLuv

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm no expert, but if you think your dad will be more accepting, maybe he can help you with your mom if you come out to him first. Or you could come out to them together.

#2 NuthinButLuv, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. Jonathan

If you think your dad is more okay with the possability and will be more accepting, come out to him first.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>My mother on the other hand was like"why do gay people have to come out at all?"

Well, what did she mean by that? Did she mean "gay people shouldn't let anyone know that they're gay"? Or did she mean "it shouldn't be any big deal - gay people should just be gay"? Because those are two totally different takes on the subject.

If you're not sure, ask.

Lex

5. Starshine16

Okay I finally asked what she meant and she meant it that people should just live their lives and not worry about comming out.If they are happy than that's what matters.

So I think she would be all right with me being bisexual.

Thanks for telling me to get clarification Lex.

6. Mickey

Lex is the BOMB!

7. Starshine16

Yes he is!