1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could it ever work?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Oct 12, 2008.

1. hoping

The guy i like and he says he really likes me and in the past 3 weeks we have made 3 dates and hes had to cancell everyone and he these are on his days off but he still gets called into work anyway, he pretty much works from 6am to 7pm everyday and sometimes more and he said he really wants to see where things could go between us but we arent even in a realtionship yet and we dont spend any time together, sorry if it sounds like im whining but im just frustrated.
    He is so sweet and romantic and funny and kind and caring and hes so different to other guys ive fallen for and i really want it to work but if hes working all the time how could a realtionship happen? What can i do?
    Also if you wanted to know what he does he has 2 jobs hes a chef and he works in communications

2. EM68

A lot of this is up to you. You need to think if you are ready to be in a relationship where you could go a few days without seeing or hearing from him because of his schedule. There may be times where you make plans and he may have to cancel at the last moment to go into work or to tend to his mom. If you can do this than it could work. If you are the type of person that needs to talk and be with him all of the time then it may be tough.

Also you need to talk to him. He has a lot on his plate. He has 2 jobs and a sick mom. He has to think if he wants to get into a relationship right now and if he has the will to do so.

At this point honestly I would take it slow. You may both find out that you may want to be just friends. Who know? You can never have enough friends. :slight_smile:

3. pianomike

EM68 is sooooooo right, most of this is up to you, and the most important thing in any relationship, whether starting a relationship or in a established one is COMMUNICATION!!
    You both need to talk about whether or not thing is going to work.
    and like EM68 said you NEVER have too many friends!!!