1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gman35, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Gman35

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a friend that I have known since 4th grade and we have always been close friends around 6th grade I started to like him and I've been trying to find out if he's gay or not. He has always shown gay signs like touching my private parts, he's never had a girl friend and he's very touchy Ingeneral. I'm in 8th grade now. Recently I started to give up the hope that he was gay. But that all changed. Last Saturday night me, him and another friend were all sleeping over together.
    We all slept in the same bed. Me and the other friend had experienced with gay stuff before and that friend randomly asked if he could give me a hand job. I let him, and he gave me one for a few minutes. After that I gave him one back. After I gave him one back, I offered the friend that I like one. He let me do it. (It was huge btw) I gave him a long handjob and eventually he let me suck it too. After I was done he gave me a hand job back but was reluctant to put his mouth on it. Finally he randomly just stopped and got mad at himself for doing all the gay stuff and that was the end of it for the night. My hopes that he is gay have gone up now and Saturday night was awesome . Sorry if this is hard to understand.

2. David21201

ok hey also in 8th.
    so my gf was the SAME WAY. We'd kiss..do 'other stuff' yet she always got mad at herself when we did. She FINALLY accepted herself.
    Do you know where his family stands on gays? Maybe he's in denial.... just give it time

3. Tardis2020

Probably gay, straight guys generally don't give handjobs. But, he could just be experimenting, or he could be in denial. 8th grade is really young, even in high school people don't know their sexuality.

4. Rainbows~Exist

I think he's just 'mad' at himself because he may be unwilling to accept his sexuality... He may just be having a hard time accepting his orientation or his actions so I would try anything with him unless he makes an advancement with you. Give him some time to figure it out and it should all be okay :slight_smile:

5. Lanker

He may just be curious, but he´s probably gay too. I mean, straight guys don´t give handjobs just like that. And dayyyuuuuuuummm dude, 8th grade and already getting so much action (!)(!)(!)

6. Gman35

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks so much for the support and advice!!! I will keep updating this!

7. FrenchKid98

+1

Wow man, I'm actually kinda jealous :lol:

(Sorry for this less than useful post but I just had to do it for some reason)

8. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    he's got to be at least bi-curious. guys that are straight don't just start giving out handjobs and certainly wouldn't be giving another guy head. him going along with things I would take as a good sign even with him stopping. that sounds to me like he's still trying to figure it out himself. be patient and hopefully he'll let you know what's going on in his head.

9. Gman35

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    There is one thing that I left out-once wanted to stop doing it he said "I'm never doing that gay shit again". And he also gets a lot of attention from girls. He's by far the best looking guy in my grade (another reason why Saturday was amazing) and he's been talking to girls a lot more over the past couple of mounths so that kinda worries me

10. David21201

bruh... give him time.
    I am guessing you're out to him??

11. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    which in no way changes that he's already done it. also, spending more time with girls is him overcompensating, at least partially. just because he's paying more attention to girls doesn't mean he's having sex with them, or maybe he is. maybe he needs to to figure which he likes more or possibly likes both sexes.

like I said before, give him time. treat him just like you always have, maybe you giving him space will bring him around.

12. Youngjavert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Gman. I'm a 22 year old guy who liked a guy for awhile In high school and was too shy to do anything about it, even talk about it which ended up hurting me a lot in the long run. You are already lucky that you've gotten close to the guy you like and even had that experience which I'm sure was awesome for you. He obviously has some level of interest In you. My advice would be as someone who was too afraid of real conversations growing up, is to actually force him to have a real conversation about it with you. And be confident with yourself and your feelings, despite the obvious confusion he's having over his own identity. He might lash out at you, saying things I like I'm not gay, I just fucked up. But ask him how it made him feel. And don't be afraid to tell him you enjoyed it. He may get angry and even call you names. He may have a hundred defense mechanisms piled up to through against you. But if want the most out of life, my advice would be to talk to him seriously. And he will listen, even if he pretends to hate you for it. And you never know, he may take time to think about it and eventually be able to tell you that enjoyed it too.

13. Gman35

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Youngjavert thanks! I'll think about it. He did say that he liked when I gave him head but didn't like sucking or touching my dick

14. Tardis2020

The human body responds to stimuli, no matter who it is. He seems scared about what he did. I'd say to give him some space.

15. Ditz

I don't think it is uncommon for straight guys to experiment with that sort of thing... I know quite a couple of guys who did when they where your age and they all turned out pretty straight.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should give your friend the necessary space he needs to figure things out for himself... He might very well be completely straight.