1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Went Back Into The Closet?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BookWriter1994, Dec 2, 2014.

1. BookWriter1994

In October I had came out to basically all of my friends when I sort of came to terms that I am a Lesbian. But like after I had came out to them I like went back into the closet because at that time I wasn't really sure at what I am so I told them that it was a phase. But now I know for sure at who I am but I am not ready to come back out to my friends yet and I was wondering have you guys ever went back into the closet after coming out to your friends?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went back into the closet to my parents and family, but not to my friends. I "changed" from lesbian to bisexual to "straight". My parents and family know that I have the ability to be attracted to other women, but I made a post on Facebook, basically stating that I realized I am "just a straight tomboy". Biggest mistake ever. I wish I never came out in the first place because things are a mess now and I've lost a lot of friends over this. The rest of them aren't phased by it as far as I'm aware. Only one of my colleagues know that I'm into women too, but I don't think he takes me seriously. For the most part, I've gone back into the closet. I don't hide my sexuality, but I don't go around telling everybody about it.

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my twenties I told one friend and my parents that I had [sexual] feelings for men.
    At that time I had gone to the occasional gay bar and night club. Other than that all I had ever done was kissed a few guys and went on one date with a guy, I had never kissed a girl - that just did not interest me.
    Back then being gay was illegal and socially taboo. Scientists thought that sexuality was a learnt behaviour. I went to therapy so that I could "cure" myself and meet a nice girl and get married. (I was always and still am a closet romantic)
    To make a long story short I got married and kept fooling myself for twenty years of marriage. I kept myself emotionally numb.
    My wife dragged me along to a martial arts class, for moral support, (I'm a total pacifist), she stopped going but I went on to become quite good at it. I got to a level where I had to contact my inner emotions in order to advance in the martial art (high level black belt stuff).
    I gave up that sport and after a few months of depression I broke down crying and came out to my wife. She took it well, she had always thought that I was bi but never suspected that I was gay (not into women at all gay).
    Since then things have been getting better. We are still together - there is a lot more to a good relationship than sex (it's the closet romantic in me)
    As I'm coming out to more people and not hiding the real me life is becoming wonderful.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. TreeClimber

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have known I was gay since sixth grade, came out to my sister at 19- she,of course relayed that back to the parent. Nothing came of it cept dad telling me I need to get laid. Been in the closet till right before 49th b-day last December. mom took it ok but the under tone of don't you embarrass me. Dad kept trying to convince me I was not gay