1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm jumping right back into the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SeriousJack, Dec 2, 2014.

1. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so I was into this close friend of mine (male) and it was driving me crazy, I just HAD to talk about it with someone, but when I was finally ready to tell my best friend, I found out he was dating my ex-girlfriend behind my back. He didn't tell me. So yeah. After that I had a hard time trusting anyone at all (considering he was the one person I could trust my life on) and just tried to deal with that. But now I'm into this girl (who sent me right into the friendzone. Again) and I talk to my friends about her all the time. The thing is, I was finally ready to come out to someone and now it feels like I can't do it anymore. I don't want to talk to my best friend about it because things are weird between us and I don't trust him anymore, but I really wanted to come out to him first. And now that I like a girl and can't trust my best friend I can't come out anymore, and I really wanted to...

Do you guys have any advice of how to deal with this situation? I feel very unsupported and lonely without my best friend, he really means the world to me, but things are so weird between us. Even if we had a proper conversation about him dating my ex instead of letting me find out by running into them in the city it would still be a little uncomfortable. I just wish things would go back to the way they were...:confused:

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

It is a hard situation and I'm sorry you had to go through this. Broaden you circle of friends so that you can find a better confidant. But don't ever get back in that closet. Once you're free, don't ever look back!

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Just my 2 cents here...)
    I'm sorry, that is not a good place to be right now, trapped and lonely, but you shouldn't feel like you must go back to the closet. You have no control over what other people do, the only thing you can control is yourself, how you live your life.

Sounds to me you lack self confidence. You don't need anyone's approval to be who you are, you know. You can come out right now if you want. If they don't get it, it's their problem, not yours. It looks to me that you are going to feel much better if you come out, regardless of how they react. Being honest takes courage, also strenght to deal with rejection, but at least you know that the love you'll get is for being you, and not this mask you are forced to put on.

Don't go back to the closet : Come out, and if they are not cool with it, go find somebody that is worth your love and your time.