1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out. Now I want to go back in.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YoungConfused, Dec 2, 2014.

1. YoungConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've recently come out to a few people, (my cousin, my BFF and another close friend) and I'm fine with them knowing. They were all very accepting of me, and it made me feel better that I came out. The issue is, I decided to come out to my parents, but they weren't as accepting as my friends. They tried to tell me I'm confused, and that "hormones" is the reason I feel this way, and that I won't know until I'm way older. They also treat the subject like being bisexual isn't a sexual orientation. They probably think I'm only saying that because my BFF also happens to be bisexual. They also said "we're obviously not guiding you very well as parents". I'm not sure what to do, and I'm afraid of what their reaction would be if I ever had a girlfriend. It also irks me when they say that being trans is "weird" especially because I considered that for a very long time. So, any advice would be helpful. (Sorry for the giant block of text.)