1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to counselor...tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by InfiniteStars, Dec 4, 2014.

1. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a lovely counselor that I've been going to for a while for personal reasons... I feel like a major part of what's been going on has to do with my sexuality conflictions (my mom doesn't approve of LGBTQ+). I have an appointment tomorrow and won't be seeing her for a whil after as she will be having a hip surgery... Anyways, I want to talk to her about it but I'm ridiculously nervous. Any advice??

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

that's what counselors are for! and from my experience, I can tell you that when we don't open up and tell the counselor what is on our mind, we don't get much out of our time with them. It's not at all ridiculous to be nervous, we all deal with that. but you will feel so much better if you open up and are honest with her. Good luck! Let us know how it goes! (&&&)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! What might help is to remind yourself that a counselor is a great person to come out to, because everything you tell them will be kept within the four walls. It's quite possible that your counselor (and depending on what you have mentioned to her during your precious appointments) has already an idea that questioning is a part of the reasons.

When you go in, take a deep breath, and maybe write out what you would like to say on a piece of paper, and give it to her. I'm pretty sure she will take it from there, and make you feel at ease. :slight_smile:

4. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you both :slight_smile: I will let you know, Wildside! Also I LOVE that song!!!! Mirko, I think she might have some idea as I've talked to her about how I get along better with girls than guys a lot of the time and also about my mom and I having different opinions. :slight_smile:

You both are awesome!! (&&&)

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I hope you are able to get alot talked about before she goes :slight_smile: good luck and have a awesome day !

6. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did it!!!! She was super supportive and said she's here to help make sure I am healthy, and that she will totally work on it with me and help on whatever ways I need her to. I was shaking and it was scary and hard to say, but I am SO GLAD I did!!!! She also said that her views of me did not change at all, and that she still cares for me just the same. Thank you guys for your support!! :grin: (&&&)

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesomeness! Happy for you that you were able to open up, and I'm sure that it will help you to move things forward. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

8. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you both!!

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I am SO very happy for you. You are going to have a good life. You are tasting freedom. It makes me so happy to read about your courage, and joy!!! (!)

10. InfiniteStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh gosh thank you so much!! :icon_redf I appreciate it!!