1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's gay, I'm gay....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by freakoffashion01, May 26, 2005.

1. freakoffashion01

Okay, this might be a bit complicated.

There is this guy in my choir (high school). He is very open about his homosexuality. Then there is me, who is also open about my sexuality.

It all really gained momentum this past spring break, when our choir went to London for a competition. One of my girlfriends (who is also a member of the Advanced Women Choir) cornered me on one of the tours and told me how she saw the way I looked at HIM and thought, "Oh my god, you like totally have a crush on him!!" (I wasn't aware that I looked at him differently).

I found myself really thinking about him a lot after that. He is really cute, and such a good dancer and singer.

I started realizing that he would act like me when we were around each other. You know, the steal glances routine, and look away when you manage to make eye contact, the normal stuff. At least that's what I think....

I don't know if I'm imagining all this, which is quite understandable. I have half a mind to ask one of my girlfriends to casually strike up a conversation with him, but then.... is that too cowardly??

I've never had a crush this big on someone before.... and we're both somewhat shy, which is why we never talk to each other (or me to him, if I'm imagining this).

Any hints, advice, anything would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Ciao :eusa_pray

2. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

OMG. That's adorable.

Umm, definitely go and make a move! I have a feeling that this little back-and-forth thing between you two would keep goin' on forever unless one of you makes a move. haha.

But seriously, summer's coming up and it might be the perfect time for you guys to get together and hang out (possible more :wink: :thumbsup: )

But definitely go for it, I mean, what's stopping you?

-CK

3. hawkeye

Honestly, If you're open, and he's open, I dont think it should be a problem to greet him and everything. In my (rather limited) experance of meeting girls, you dont ask another person to bring it up, you go and ask the person yourself. I guess it could be a little new for both of you to be open about asking someone out, but it seems like something that might as well happen.

whatever you decide, Good Luck! :thumbsup:

4. Aaron

Aaron Guest

I say go and talk to him. Don't imply that you'er looking for anything with him, even though you are. Just build on your common interests...and common experiences as gay men...

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just go start talking to him about choir and tell him you think he's a good singer and dancer. A little non-gushy flattery goes a long way! :eusa_danc

6. nisomer

Yeah, just get a conversation going...about anything. Once you guys start talking, I'm sure you will become friends.

7. goratrix

No, I disagree with everyone: you should hide yourself from life, not talk to him, giggle when he talks to you and run away, then, eventually, you'll get so depressed that you won't feel any more, and so you'll be completely devoided of sentiment: thus becoming the perfect NON HUMAN.

I'll let myself out, thank you.

Ok, that wasn't funny, just go and talk to him... what do you have to loose? what do you have to win?... so... the balance is?

8. hawkeye

you know, for some reason i have the urge to add to the title of this thread. I think it should be "He's gay, I'm gay' bada bing bada boom", ok bit of a stretch, but it has the perfect rhythem.
    ok, no more random thoughts for today.

9. goratrix

nice one hawkeye... It got me laughing quiet a while, for it sounds in my head...

10. hawkeye

goratrix, not sure how much has gotten lost in translation, you do seem versed in american movies, so i believe you caught the reference to italians, but I'w having trouble understanding your post, maybe i'm just up too late. Got caught watching shawshank redemption, guess its a bit late for movies.

11. freakoffashion01

Thanks you guys!!!

I'm going to give it a try, but it won't be until Tuesday, after the three day weekend. I don't see him at all the rest of today.... :wink:

Ciao

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Please let us know how it goes!

13. Jordano

I think everything will be grand! Like said before, what do you have to lose? Good luck and be yourself! :icon_cool

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dont, I repeat DONT, let it eat u up inside, talk to him about, make a move. Just dont keep it inside otherwise u'll b really distraught...tho i might b a lil late for telling you this.