1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Test

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Grantious, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Grantious

Hey hey,

I'm never going to pass that thing, it drives me mad hahah bad joke XD, but i swear i have some sort of test anxiety because when i drive with mum everything just happens naturally i don't even think about it anymore but on the test i drive myself insane and can't do anything rite even the basics its sooooooooo werid. now i'm so wrecked n dealing with it maturely.. with a bottle of vodka XD, n i hav no idea why I'm posting this, i donno it hit me hard, i just need too feel better, take ur best shot.

loves xoxo.

2. Gumtree

Hrmm well other then trying to calm down and concentrate there isn't much you can do except pucker up and shake through it.

Although I have one suggestion, I'm not sure what it's like in the city but in the smaller towns, the RTA's only have a few routes they do the tests on. Get a few friends of yours tha thave done the test to show you the routes they did. Once you know where you're going and what you have to do where, you can practice that and you should be alot more comfortable :grin:

PS.
    YOu're wayyyy cute :grin:

3. Grantious

thanks babe, at least that cute part made me feel better XD

4. TriBi

Oh dear...

Does that mean you failed - or you're just stressing about it?

If it's any consolation, when I first took my test it was bucketing down with rain - a complete horror of a day to take the test. I thought I had passed - and he failed me for 'touching the kerb' (which I couldn't even see in the downpour) on my 3 point turn (bastard!).

When I took it the second time, I was sure I had failed early on when the examiner pulled up the handbrake when I was (confidently) about to turn out from a side street. After that I just gave up and did everything on autopilot - and passed!

Anyway - driving lessons only teach you 'how to pass a test'. You actually learn how to drive after you get your first car and start driving regularly. Believe me, I know :wink:.

5. Corny

Corny Guest

^ hehe I agree with the last test.

I have to say that my driving test was the WORST test in terms of anxiety that I had in my life. I don't know why .. I never sweat so much afterwards at any uni/school test, exam or whatever. I didn't sleep very well at all, the test started late and I had to wait in the driving school with nothing to distract me. I thought I would faint before I am in the car. But as soon as I started driving it was all blown away and I only concentrated on the road and traffic. Sometimes the waiting time is much worse than the actual test.

6. Grantious

Totally bombed!
    Speeding hahahah 60 in a 50 zone, my mistake /dies