1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out part

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spartan1337, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Spartan1337

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    tonight I plan to come out to my mom and dad. I made them a card that said, "Mom and Dad, it's time to rip off the band-aid." There's a band-aid they're supposed to take off and under it it says, "I'm gay." I plan on making them a rainbow colored cake :slight_smile:

Wish me luck. I will let you know if things go well or if they go to hell. Hopefully they at least go to purgatory.

Any advice for dealing with negative reactions or with 'rents who were not expecting their kid to be gay at all? Because my parents are not expecting this. at all. Even with my hints XD

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2014 at 01:34 PM ----------

*note on the title* It was supposed to say "Coming Out PartY" with a Y. -_-

2. ABambi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck. If there is a bad reaction just walk away, but not after explaining to them why they are wrong to judge and that you will never think of them as good people again. Might make them realise it's not a phase

3. Spartan1337

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It went well. My parents don't really care that I am gay in the way that they haven't changed the way they look at me. They were awesome. My dad and I talked for a long time about it.

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy for you! (!)

5. Spartan1337

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you! Only thing is my 'rents basically told me not to come out of the closet with our family, because we just had a suicide in the family. And most of my family is either conservative religiously or gossipy as hell. Any advice for that? I do agree with my parents about not broadcasting the fact that I'm gay, but I'm not gonna lie to people and be all like, "I LUV BOYZ"....Is there an something in between coming out of the closet and just mentioning it casually in convo?