1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being outed..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AidenHardy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. AidenHardy

Out Status:
    Some people
    gonna make this a quick post (hopefully)

so me and my friends at college ended up talking about sexuality and various topics surrounding the area. one of my friends is very open about her sexuality and doesn't quite realise that others aren't and basically outed me as gender-fluid and one of my friends as pan, nobody had any sort of reaction and I'm just wondering what to do. the other friend that was outed wasn't part of the conversation so she doesn't know that i know (weird complicated thing going on there) anyway, i want to talk to her about it and don't at the same time cause i don't know how she feels about me knowing. as for me, one person asked about it and i think the others shrugged it off but i don't know what to think, i feel like i should explain myself? aghhh any advice will be helpful, if anyone else has been here please help haha, I'm glad I'm out but i don't know if its the right way or if people even realised she outed me...

on another hand I'm pretty sure i have a girlfriend and she's soo supportive of my gender identity asking if i would take steps to transition etc seen as I'm on more of the male spectrum. the reason I'm unsure is because it just sort of happened, will be clearing it up soon!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would talk to your friend about this. I would make sure that your not coming across as being angry though, since it seems to be a mistake. It might be worth her knowing though so that she does not do the same thing in the future.

As for your friends, if you feel you need to explain to them, then you can do that if it comes up in a conversation again. Otherwise, it might just feel awkward and forced, which would not be a good thing.