1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting tempted to come out as bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sepulse, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I don't actually think I'm bi, but part of me thinks I am. I'm terrified of coming out as gay because I'm scared I'm actually bi and I'll end up falling for a man. I have come out as bi and my experience wasn't good.

Everyone acted like I was boy crazy and they kept pushing me to like boys. I'm not at all crazy about boys. I'm possibly attracted to them, but I hate being pressured to like them. It's weird that I barely had any pressure when people just thought I was straight. All that happened when I was fifteen and sixteen, so it might be different now. When people think I'm straight I can just tell them I'm not focusing on relationships right now. That usually shuts people up. I'm not sure that will work once I'm out as bi.

It makes me miserable thinking about coming out as bi, but not as miserable as coming out as bi after I've been out as gay. I don't want people to think I'm fluid or wishy washy. I'd rather just be a regular bisexual. I'm getting super sick of the closet.

2. Hexagon

My advice would be to wait until you're more certain. There's no hurry to come out, and a bit of time might make things clearer. Alternatively, I suppose you could come out as questioning.

3. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I guess I'll be in the closet forever. :frowning2: Time is not helping me figure myself out at all. I'll never come out as questioning. It seems kind of pathetic.

4. Imagery

Imagery Guest

Maybe don't focus on your overall sexuality, but who you fall in love with. Just a thought. COURAGE in whatever you decide to do.

5. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if you know that you like girls for sure you can just come out as that. You could say something along the lines of liking girls, but still questioning if you do, in fact, like boys also.