1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pansexual, not sure if I should come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gggrrraaaccceee, Dec 9, 2014.

1. gggrrraaaccceee

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am pansexual and I am unsure if I should come out. I can't really imagine my parents reactions. My parents have gay friends and I have lesbian aunts. My parents are accepting of LGBT+ people, but I don't think they would ever expect me to be anything other than straight. I am physically and romantically attracted to men and women equally, and I focus on the personality of the person rather than their gender/private parts when it comes to dating, which I haven't done any of. In the future, I am open to a romantic relationship with anybody. I am twelve years old, by the way, and yes, I am completely sure about this. I have known I wasn't straight since third grade, when I was attracted to a girl in my grade. We became friends and we would do this roleplay thing where one of us would be the guy and one of us would be the girl and we would pretend to be dating. That all blew over and four years later we don't speak a both to and I'm not even sure if she remembers. I am still friends with her and I am going to skyzone with her tomorrow. My friends are accepting of LGBT+ as well. If I come out in the near future, I would most likely come out to them first. I am considering coming out to the girl from third grade tomorrow, or coming out this summer to my lesbian aunts. I am having a hard time deciding what would be the ideal way to come out. Can anyone give me advice on what to do?

2. Coming out isn't something you have to do right away so take your time and don't rush it. If you aren't completely sure how your parents would react then start with your friends. For me coming out happens when I'm ready. I have come out to friends but not my parents. It seems as though your family may be more accepting than mine lol. But anyway just do what feels best for you and when your ready it will happen. By the way if you have accepting friends it really helps and it's those first few moments before you do it that are the worst. It's better after that. And if anything goes wrong at least you have nothing to hide. Just be yourself. Best of luck and if you need someone to talk to I'm here and there are plenty of other really great people here. :slight_smile: