1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friend?...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Extremelygay, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Extremelygay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of my best friends has an older sister who is gay so I'm figuring she'll take it well but I'm not completely sure so I've been avoiding it for as long as I can remember but I don't know how to word it well enough without it being completely straightforward and getting all serious and awkward. When is the best time to come out and how?:help:

2. shinji

shinji Guest

The information provided is too scarce for anyone to give you an actual opinion on the matter, that would be of any use.

What i can say is that coming out to someone who is already out is easier, but does not guarantee a positive response. In the end, you will never know until you actually do something about it. Surely, not knowing the outcome of this situation and constantly struggling, questioning the possibilities, is harder than actually coming out in the first place?

As for wording, just push a topic that is somewhat LGBT related and simply mention what you want to tell this person, without making a big deal out of it. Wait for their reaction and depending on it, you can decide if you will change the subject or actually expand on the question at hand.

Whatever the case, i wish you the best of luck!