1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just came out to a friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MissBookworm, Dec 10, 2014.

1. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    ...And a really homophobic guy in my grade overheard me. Now he's threatening to hurt me and writing things like "homo", "dyke", and "lesbo" on my locker door. I'm afraid he'll follow through with the threats and I'm scared I'll get hurt. I need advice as soon as possible. Please help me! :help: :help: :help:

2. aboutface

If you are fearing for your safety, you need to get authority figures involved ASAP. Tell a counselor, teacher and/or principal at your school. You don't even have to mention the coming out part if you aren't comfortable, just that there are threats against you by this guy and you are concerned for your safety.

3. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Go to a teacher you trust; tell them that he's threatening you and you do not feel safe. They'lll help you out.

4. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Tell a member of staff. They have a legal responsibility to protect you from threats and any other kind of violent behaviour, so they're obligated to help you.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    MissBookworm, I must agree with the others on this ,go to somebody and tell them teacher ,counselor,principle who ever tell somebody you do not deserve to live in fear of this jerk ! I am so sorry that this is happening to you . I can t say if he would do and harm to you or not but there is no reason to wait . Go ASAP and remember you do not have to tell them that you are coming out that is your business and you choose who when and where to say it . I hope that you tell somebody and soon . Please keep us up to date with what you do and what happens .You new friends here at EC care for you very much and want to make sure you are safe !!!

6. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you all so much for the advice!!! I went to the school counselor and I think it went well. I've yet to see what happens with that guy, but when I told her about how he was threatening me and writing notes on my locker she had the security footage in the hallways checked. They were able to prove it was him so he's suspended until further notice.

7. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's good news. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and if not, I'm sure the school will be paying very close attention to him