1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crazyDepression, Dec 13, 2014.

1. crazyDepression

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So uhh , Hello . Im just gonna straight out tell my reasons for joining EC .
    Well let me start , Im 14 years old and out to my friends but not my family . Thankfully, my friends are accepting but the reason i joined was because of the loneliness and love life (If that makes any sense) . Living in Singapore and 14 , there aren't many gays let alone people who are out of the closet . So i find it very hard to find someone who actually understands my situation of being gay and such . In terms of love life , once again there isn't much people who are out and to the best of my knowledge , Im the only gay in my school and this leads to discrimination and bullies . And at one point , i was very suicidal. I dont seek sex or anything but just someone who is similar to me in terms of sexual orientation and who is able to give me "life" if that makes any sense because right now , I am a lonely fat kid and my life just practically sucks .

(I just re-read this and i sound so desperate) :rolle::icon_redf

2. calgary

Hey Good for you for coming out at your age. It wouldn't have been easy but in the long run it will put you in a better situation. There's lots of support for you hear. I'd just recommend being involved and engaged in some of the threads. Like most things in life you only get out of it what you put in.

3. crazyDepression

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey , Thanks . It definitely wasn't easy but it was worth it and Im glad that i finally made the decision to join this forum (*hug*)

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to Empty Closets! Glad you have decided to join. EC is a great starting place to find a couple of new friends. On EC, you are not going to be lonely.

It's pretty cool that you started coming out to your friends, and that you are loving life.
    It makes a lot of sense. Once you start coming out, there is a part of you that wants to connect with other gay teens who are out of the closet.

As you continue to go through school, things will change and likely become better for you.

Stay around. :slight_smile: