1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Club?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Oct 15, 2008.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'm thinking about going to a gay bar/ club here. Problem is I don't speak the language and I'd be going alone. Is this a good idea and what should I expect/ do when I get there. I'm confused and a little scared.

2. Ryesright

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally, I wouldn't go. It sounds really unsafe.

If you're unable to communicate with those around you, and are alone without a friend to watch out for you, the odds of something unfortunate happen are very much there. Why not just wait to go with a friend, or at the very least, to a bar in an area where a language you are fluent in is prevalent. I feel like you'd have a better and safer time with a group of people you knew and could talk to.

3. Fiorino

I'd at least go with a friend, and I'd also try to go somewhere
    where they speak your language. But don't go alone.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I can't find an English only bar here and I'm closeted. I really think I need to go, but I don't know what to do...I can't go with anyone that I know.

5. I would go with you, but you know, I'm miles away lmao.

Are you sure you can't find someone to help you or that speaks English? You might never know.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Hey thanks man...I don't think I can bring anyone. And hopefully someone there speaks English...I can always leave if problems arise.