1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like two guys...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ampthejazz, May 13, 2007.

1. ampthejazz

I think I like two guys who potentially both like me back.

In the past few months, I've been talking to Guy A online. I know him because he was pretty good friends with my older brother, and he used to help put on local rock shows, some of which my band played at. He's 21. He goes to school in New Hampshire, and he's going to be there basically all summer. When he's home, he lives one town away from me, but he's really never home.

He came back to Maine for one of my band's shows last month, and afterwards, we hung out in my basement and we hooked up. (No sex, I'm a good boy. :grin: )

Also, he's not out to most people.

I met Guy B two nights ago at Gay Prom. Yes, Gay Prom. Portland, Maine is a lovely place, and every year, there's a "prom" that's pretty much open to anyone and everyone (young people, that is). In fact, I won prom prince. Anyway, I saw a friend there who goes to a college around here, and she was there with some of her friends, including Guy B. Guy B is adorable... really really really cute. He's 20, and he's out. After the "prom" and after we ate at Denny's (classssssy), we hung out at my friend's house, and he and I were holding hands on the couch and it was really cute and I think I really like him. I think there's a potential for a really awesome relationship.

The problem is that in July, he's moving to Los Angeles for school.

Last night, after I got back from going to a different prom with a friend, Guy A left me a message saying, "I need to hear some stories from the past two nights. :slight_smile: "

My gut is telling me to go with Guy B, because I just feel like I can't miss out on this kind of opportunity.

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions?

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I vote for Guy B. Online relationships never end up well. Live the present... like I try to do.

3. CelebrityHead

I'd go with Guy B aswell - sounds like he has more potential than Guy A

4. Hydrogen

I would take advantage of the time you have until July. Being able to see the person your talking to, hold, and go places with is much better than an Internet relationship, and even if he moves, you will have built a bond that can handle long distance better. Im sure you could find ways to visit.

Just my $0.02

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All else being equal, ALWAYS go with the guy who is out. Always. You will save yourself MUCH heartbreak.

And definitely go to LA this summer. *grin*

6. TeeBe

Guy B seems to have more potential. Like you said,

Well, why not? Plus you said that he is cute. Bonus! Guy A will still be there like all good friends. You don't have to stop being friends with one to go out with the other. Your choice, but Guy B seems to be a more sure bet.

Whatever your choice, enjoy the next two months!

7. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. ampthejazz

Thanks you guys.

Yeahhh last night I hung out with Guy B for a couple hours, and right now, as far as I'm concerned, there's really only Guy B.

:grin:

9. tired_of_lying411

omgf... I am so jealous. But best of luck with Guy B... and the rest of the alphabet. :icon_wink

10. ampthejazz

Hahahaha

Wellllll...

things didn't go quite as I had hoped.

Last night, Guy B sent me a long message about how he thinks we should just be friends. It's a long drawn out message that I don't feel like explaining, but to sum it up, he basically said that he doesn't want to get into anything "serious" because he's leaving in a month and a half for California, and that he didn't want to do anything just for fun, because then he'd feel like he was using me.

I think the thing that I liked about him most was that I really felt like we could be friends as well as have a relationship. I haven't really felt that with anyone else, which is why I don't think other things have worked.

Whatever, it's probably no good to get attached to someone who's leaving in the beginning of July. And I still really do want to be his friend, because he's a really awesome guy.

ramblerambleramble

but thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no! You guys should totally seize the moment, even if it's limited. It's not like he's hiding the fact he's leaving from you!

People are so dense sometimes!

12. tired_of_lying411

But what if this is meant to be? Sounds to me like you guys click pretty well together....
    Why not have some fun... a month and a half is a long time for you guys to get to know each other better. Maybe you'll find out that theres no real romantic connection and end up being long distance friends... or maybe the opposite :icon_wink

Just playing devil's advocate...