1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl problems...again...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Ok so I have decided that I am not going to be friends with a girl unless i am out to them. Once again I have accidentally stolen some girls heart and I don't know how to give it back... without hurting her... can anyone help me?

2. biisme

Well, I think it's going to hurt, even if it's just a little, if you've stolen her heart. I think the only true way to hurt her the least is to tell her the truth. But, I can understand that you might be uncomfortable with that. I would tell her now though, that you are not interested. And be nice.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering, why can't you be friends with a girl if you are not out? I wouldn't base friendships on coming out to others. I am not sure if we are talking about the same girl here, but if we are, you could tell her (and as Biisme suggested) that you are not interested but still maybe try to build a friendship or a stronger friendship. Things might be a bit difficult at first, but with time, it might just be something of the past.

4. What I meant was the last two girls that became friends with me told me 2 months later they liked me... which made this problem... the last time this happened she said was like a kick to the face and then she avoided me for like 2 weeks... I dont want that to happen again...

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally I think it really does depend on the girl; some will hate it that they've got a datable guy, only to find he's gay and others won't care two-hoots because you're mates. (Me, I'm the latter)

So I suggest you do as you were doing before and when it's right, just say something like "Just to clarify, this isn't going to get any further then friends" and not leave it to them to test the waters...

6. No One

Well i think you should tell her only because she is one of our best friends and dont you think she deserves to know. i guess i could tell her too if that would help. oh and sorry for telling you she really liked you i shouldn't have sorry and what do you mean Asteroid that your not sure if you are talking about the same girl?

7. You didn't tell me, Jessy and everyone else did... also, me and her aren't BEST friends, just regular old friends... and I dont want to tell her just as a way of telling her im not interested... I want to tell her when I feel I should...

8. Mickey

I think,at this point,you should tell her what a great friend she is an you'd like to keep it that way.That way,you're letting her down a little easier and you don't have to come out to her,if you don't want to,just now.