1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Tell My Best Friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TrueHeartZ, Dec 17, 2014.

1. TrueHeartZ

I've known my best friend for more then 5 years. She is the most awesome coolest person in the world. She is actually openly bisexual and very proud of it. I know she wouldn't judge me if I told her that I mite be transgender and would support it. I'm just scarred that if I told he she would try to convince me to tell my mom which I do not want to do. She believes everyone should be proud of who they are. I do not want to come out to any other people but with her I feel safe. I know she would try to get me to talk to other people which I do not want to do. Should I tell her or not?

2. NotSureWhatIam

Well she may be proud which is a great thing, but any LGBTQ person knows that outing is a very personal experience. She shouldn't force you to move out of that comfort zone. You should be exactly as out as you want to be. If you did tell her, I would make it immediately clear that you will out on your own time and make sure she knows that it was in confidence that you told her.

3. Noel Luca

Its your decision, but I think you should do it. If she asks for you to tell other people just refuse, and explain to her that you'd rather take your time. Its always good to have people to talk to about what you're feeling instead of having to hide it.
    Also she would stop calling you a girl(which I find really annoying) :icon_bigg