1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fafner, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Fafner

So, basically I went to see a new therapist today, and when he asked me about sexual orientation I just saw an opportunity to slowly start the coming-out-phase. It's the closest I've ever come to talking about this with anyone (except here). But still I don't really feel anything. I was expecting to feel some kind of relief or... I dunno, anything, but I feel no different. Anyone else have this experience?

2. PNW73

That's exactly why I went to a therapist in the first place. I told mine that I enjoy being with women sexually and have no interest in my husband sexually. I'm still looking for someone to say, "Yes, you are a lesbian", and I keep telling myself that, but I haven't felt that huge rush of relief yet. I think the closest thing I came to was yesterday when I was with the other woman and we were in an intimate moment and I had a conscious realization that this is what I want. Still, no bells and whistles, just more of acceptance. I don't think there's a specific time period as to when it happens because clearly I'm brand new to this as well.