1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slips of the tounge

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ryu, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Ryu

Ryu

Well.... as you can see from my profile, for the moment at least, I'm saying I'm panromantic. Sexuality, got no clue, who cares, I'm thirteen, I can't have sex. So yeah, I'm possibly pan , for the moment. This has put me to a lot of ease. It has also made me really worried about accidentally saying anything about it. Admittedly, I doubt if I said that. I was pan they would have no idea what I'm on about and think I am a frying pan, but I'm still nervous. I'm not sure, but I think I may of said in a conversation about homophobia and stuff I might of said something like 'Well, I'm pan, to my knowledge, so don't accuse me of being homophobic.'.. So yeah, any advice for keeping my mouth shut about it? I guess this is more of not coming out advice, but close enough...

2. PossumJack

"What? Did I say pansexual? It means I like pans, a lot." :lol:

On a more serious note, there really isn't much to do except watch your own tongue more closely. If they don't know what it means, maybe just brush it off as a joke?

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you could say, "Pan? huh, what's that?" (ie, play dumb). or "I said MAN. Get your hearing checked, dude". And remember, even straight people have slips of the tongue and say things they didn't mean to say, which is hilarious. Laughter is another option. It's on your mind, so it's naturally that it would be on your lips. But don't let it bother you. at some point, you will know, and then you can share it or not share it.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the others. I've had a few slips, but I just laughed it off, and I dont think people thought twice about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: