1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was found out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Dec 19, 2014.

1. David21201

So, tonight has been really fucking emotional. My parents found out about me being gay AND my girlfriend who was over at the time. My mother wanted me and my gf to breakup so we sorta did. I'm still crying over it...
    My mom was accepting but feels like this isnt who i really am. I'm to emotionally drained to argue. Today has been a shit day. If you want more details ask and you shall recieve.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

I question why you would willingly break up with someone who you love, over the opinion of a person who later on you claim to be "accepting". I have no idea how your parents found out but I would assume that any action taken after that should not be considered as final as you are yet to discuss the situation with them. They need to come to terms with what they already know and you need to not allow for them to impose their wishes onto you. Taking a break from your girlfriend is something that I would consider a good plan, at least until you have things sorted out with your parents, breaking up entirely on the other hand is plain stupid. Unless you yourself didn't really love her that much in the first place.

3. Clay

How'd they find out? And why did they want you to break up?

Also, don't worry things'll get better.

4. David21201

I forgot to log out of my Pinterest where I was talking to one of my friends and her mother about me being gay. Idk why we needed to breakup but mom said we had to so we did. At school we are still dating just not anywhere else.........

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok first of all i hate to say it but your mom doesn't really accept you. If she doesn't think that's who you are and making u dump your gf she's anything but supportive. I think u should tell her how u feel. She should love u no matter what. I would give it time and maybe she'll come around. She might just be making herself numb to it. Im sorry that happened to u good luck (*hug*)

6. David21201

My girlfriend and I are still my girlfriend and I to every we know except for my parents. I am not in the right state of mid to have a conversation about it. They person who I would go to (my preferred mother) I cannot talk to at all. I do love her and that's why to my mother we are broken up. I found it confusing how she supports LGBTQ but cannot support her own daughter. I thought about leaving my house for a bit and staying with a frind but I'd need to find away to leave so I can.

I am too emotional weakened to deal with my mother and my step-father at this point....

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, your mom may be in a bit of shock, and she may go into some denial. eventually, the truth will be too hard for her to sweep away, by just ordering to break up with someone, and one way or another she will have to come to terms with it. that is, unless you join her in denial and pretend to be someone your not just to not make waves. that is a dangerous trap, and once you go there it only gets harder. Just continue to be your authentic self. when you're 13, a day is like a bizillion years, so it doesn't help much to have people tell you how much better it will be in five years. but it will be a little bit better day by day if you have the courage to be yourself. and what she discovered, can't be undiscovered. so, as much pain as you're in right now, you did get something out there that most people spend a lot of time agonizing about how they are going to tell their parents, or other significant persons. (&&&)

8. David21201

there's been a fabulous surprise... my mom outed me to my grandparents... That was NOT
    her room to tell them. I just cant deal with her right now...

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I guess that's really not fabulous then. maybe you can convince your mom to go with you to see a counselor/therapist who is used to dealing with LGBT teens. your mom isn't understanding that there are boundaries when dealing with a teenage daughter, and she seems to be stomping all over them, telling you who you can't date, outing you to others without your permission. I would give her the benefit of the doubt in the sense that she is ignorant. but you need to talk to her about it, and if that doesn't change things, then she is being intentional about it. it will be a hard time ahead for both of you if these keeps up. I don't guess it helps to hear, but I know that a lot of straight teens deal with some of the same boundary-crossing crap that you're facing. but as someone who was once a gay teen myself, I think that everything is hard for us. teenage years are hard for everyone, but they really are harder for us, and a parent who understands and helps can discover an intensity of parent-child relationship that lasts a lifetime, and is way better than what most parents get. you'all need to talk!!! (*hug*)

10. David21201

We should but that would mean she would need to listen... this why I cant wait till im 18

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Ouch!!! I'm so sorry! Is there anyone else you can talk to? How 'bout your father? Grandparents?

12. David21201

My dad has been dead for 10 years and even if he was in my life he was a hompophobic rascist asshole... my grandparents on my Dad's side will disown me, my other ones I'm not ready to tell. My older cousin knows because we came out to each other on the same day. So she's the only one I voluntarily told. I honestly have nobody to talk to... well except for you guys

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what we're here for, we care and we're here to listen, don't give up, you aren't alone.

14. Wildside

Wildside Guest

YES!!!! Greatwhale is absolutely right!!! There are people in your life that you can talk to. US!!! (&&&) And I have found that there is a lot of wisdom, compassion, and understanding that is shared here. Our hearts are with you, and we're here to listen and share, and sometimes even cry together :tears:. And in all of that, we find our joy (!)

15. David21201

welp... got home from church... all about how being gay was wrong...

16. Wildside

Wildside Guest

definitely the wrong church! so sorry for you. they really need to find something better to preach about. :tears:

17. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not really sure if everything you say is actually real whats most weird to me is that you accept your self for being gay at the age of 13!!......

18. David21201

I've liked girls since I was in fourth grade so... yeah I came to terms with it.

19. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Please know that I accept what you say as true. that's the point of EC, it's where we can come to be honest. otherwise, what's the point, right? It's important that we all have enough respect for each other to accept our statements at face value. (&&&)

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I accepted I was gay when I was 13