1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Reborn, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Reborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, so being closeted has really began to affect me recently and I have been feeling increasingly depressed and anxious about everything. I've decided to try act against it today and tell my mother that I'm gay, but I just cannot find the words. I doubt whether I could tell her face to face, but possibly through detailed text. My problem is, I just don't know what to say. My own words can't find their way together. What should I say? Thank you in advance.

2. MisterTinkles

Just live your life being the person you are. You aren't a "thing" to be hidden away, nor are you a product for selling or advertising. You are a human being.

Just be you. Be the best you that you can be. People will like you for who you are, not "what" you are. Don't make "gay" a thing, just make it a boring part of everyday life, like having brown hair or green eyes, or ten fingers and toes..........

If somebody happens to ask you "are you gay", then tell them your private life is none of their business.

The ONLY person keeping YOU in this "closet", is YOU!

Just be a good human being, and nobody is going to give a damn who you want to date or kiss or marry.

Yes, there will be those who think it's their business to "change" you or tell you how to live, but these are brain dead sheep. They follow the first moron who comes along, telling them WHAT to think, HOW to act, and WHAT to do. Ignore them, keep them out of your life. Learn how to tell the stupid and the sheep from the REAL people who will like you for you..........NOT for some label or stereotype!

As far as your mother is concerned, treat her the same way. Just be a good human, and if she ever asks..........that will be up to you whether to answer her. Two simple answers to her question "yes" or "no".

Most mothers who have good relationships with their kids, usually know before the kids do. Whether she acts shocked or not, well.........no one knows. But, if she ever does ask, just act likes its just another boring question...."yes mother. Whats for dinner"?

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I absolutely agree with this approach, just being ourselves, and then if someone asks, and we want to tell them, we just say "yes." But if you just really want to tell your mom by text, it could be as simple as "mom, i'm gay. i love you. wanna talk?"
    (&&&)

4. chemicalbond

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love this part. (!)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Where I come from, there's another way of saying, "None of your business."

If there's someone who think it's their role to "save" or "change" us, we sometimes say, "Excuse me, are you paying my taxes?" :lol: