1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AngelWings17, Dec 21, 2014.

1. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

I've mostly accepted that I'm bisexual with a preference to men, but when I do come out, in which I will tell my boyfriend before anyone, I will not ever tell my immediate family. If I do choose to tell them in the future, what would be the best way to do so without them freaking out? I'm just wondering here.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

remember that once you tell someone something, you no longer control that information. and I'm all for people being honest and coming out, and especially for telling anyone we're in a relationship with. but once you tell your boyfriend, he could tell anyone, especially if the relationship sours some day. so wanting to tell your family, especially your parents, if you want them to hear it from you. so I guess the real question is, how do you normally communicate with your family? do you all talk about serious things? when, where, how? because all of that should give you an idea of the right way for YOU to do this. If something happened to a family member, how would that news be communicated in the family? if there was a family move, how is that discussed? whet works in one family doesn't work in another. some people text, some people write emails or letters, some call a family meeting, some just bring up things at dinner that for me would be just too heavy (though I was close to coming out at a restaurant, but people tell me that's not the right place). It's just so different for each family. we're with you! (&&&)

3. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

I usually keep 90% of my personal life from my mom and sisters. I just don't feel comfortable telling them about almost anything. I think I should have no problem keeping this from them. But the thing is, I honestly don't know how I say anything big to my family. More often than not it just spills out.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, you've always got us here when you need to share with someone. and when it spills out, well, then it will be out. In the meantime, we're here for you (&&&)