1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with relationship questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whosamelia, Dec 21, 2014.

1. whosamelia

So, I haven't posted here in nearly 3 months. Oops.

Anyway. I'm at an age where kind-meaning adults ask me questions about romance. Love interests. Boyfriends. You know. It kind of annoyed me even when I thought I was straight, but even more now, like why does everyone assume.

Do you think that if people that I don't want to come out to (yet anyway) ask me those sort of questions, it'd be a good policy to say something along the lines of "no, not a priority right now"? I'm hoping it doesn't help perpetuate any mental images people may have of me as some stereotypical boy-crazy teenage girl (though I doubt they totally exist haha), but not make anyone suspect my sexuality either.

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well, that's what one of my cousins does- she says things like "OH, I'm never having kids though" and constantly talks about how cute all the female k-pop stars she likes are, and people still haven't caught on, but at least they stopped asking.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those questions drive me up the wall. I usually keep my answer short and sweet: "No." Sometimes "No, I'm concentrating on school." It's not really any of their business. Recently if someone asks me if I have a boyfriend I've been really tempted to say "Not my area anymore" but I don't.