1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my Cousins girlfriend Saturday night

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChloeKiss, Dec 22, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

So i've been meaning to make this thread.. I came out to my cousins girlfriend on Saturday and she took it really well! She is a very down to earth outback aussie kind of girl and I knew I could trust her. So after she asked me if I had a boyfriend I decided it was time I told someone else. It was like 12am when I told her and we were alone waiting for everyone to get back to the house.. As you can see on my out status it says i'm out to a couple family members and a friend. Well one of those family members is the cousin i'm talking about. I knew I could trust him too so he has known for like almost a year. His girlfriend looked shocked but she then told me one of her best friends growing up is a Lesbian. She told me her name and I instantly knew who she was talking about as I use to play tennis with the girl.

I was telling her how nan was going to disown me and stuff before I told her about my sexuality because I was kind of beating around the bush trying to tell her what I meant.. while she kept saying ''oh no she would never disown you'' I finally decided ''fuck it'' and told her the reason why. She still said she wouldn't disown me and kept comforting me but it was so fucking intense I was basically repeating how it wasn't a choice and how I have been so ashamed for so many years.

We ended up having a huge conversation about how I need to be me and live MY life and not let anyone else ruin it for me. And if they try she said ''well they aren't worth your respect'' So overall she is a really nice girl and I am SO relieved that she knows now! 1 less person asking me about boyfriends :lol:

Also I will be spending Christmas day at my nans house for some of the day and my cousin and his girlfriend will be there so it's great that they both know now! I feel so relieved guys. And I am so happy that I told her! x

Thanks for reading :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 ChloeKiss, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was beautiful

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay Chloe :grin: Must feel good,eh?

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

It feels great guys! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations! (!) Very moving, very emotional, lots of stress going through it all. But a happy ending! so wonderful! :eusa_danc

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

7. David21201

awesome! you certainly are lucky!

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

9. iiimee

Congrats! I'm happy you found somebody who accepts you, besides somebody in this community obviously! *Virtual hugs*

10. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank you all! Also I might add that after the talk she said you know where I live and you can come talk to me anytime. I thought that was really sweet. She's a great person and I'm proud of my cousin for finding a girl like her. :slight_smile: