1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do? Move on or be there do him as a friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sdopee56, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Sdopee56

Im openly gay but I'm talking today someone who's on the down low and in denial. About 4 months ago me and this guy started talking on Kik (app messenger) he was the one who Kik'd me first. Let me tell you this was by far the weirdest thing lol. He messaged me I didn't know who it was so I didn't bother on replying he messaged me back so I was like ok who the hell is this lol. Then he started telling me that "I'm very cute" I was like thank you but who are you and just asking questions mind me I never gave this dude my kik so that was the most weirdest thing turns out he says he straight but he thinks I'm cute and he'd like to get to know me .. So we talked for a few weeks. Having good conversations this may sound crazy but I was actually gaining some feelings for him. So one day we decided to meet up and see how it goes. We planned on going to the city basically a date lol. I was nervous and excited bc I was actually liking him and stuff so he told me to meet him at the train station so we could leave together on the train. Ok I head to train station and he told me that's he was on his way I was like ok I've waited.. 20 mins he said he seen his friend on the train that his friend wanted some weed so he told me to wait a couple of minutes I was already getting mad bc I felt like it was all bull crap but yeah he texted me saying sorry that he's gonna take a while and some other stuff that it's gonna take him an hour. Ok at this point I was mad and I started cursing at him. Bc I felt like he was just lying and making excuses he kept telling me to wait wait and wait.. So he had told me that I should just go home bc he doesn't want me waiting and stuff I was mad and I started cursing at him called it off. We were done. He wouldn't leave me alone. He kept messaging me it wouldn't stop. I was so hurt and mad. I felt like I was being played and lied to. Wasted my time.. Then couple days later I forgave him bc I missed talking to him and he just wouldn't stop messaging me. Month later we talked about what had happened and we were working on things. Things were good. Decided to meet up then he flaked again. This has been happening for 4 times. And just yesterday two nights ago we were all good. Things were going good. We would argue a lot but then we get back and said sorry. We were doing good.. Just last night we were talking about how we wanna see each other. It's just very hard to understand bc I don't even understand it myself at times. But I know we both love each other even though he has flaked on me I know he didn't intentionally mean to do that. But by him telling me that he's on the downlow he's a straight guy. He's a drug dealer. Gang banger. Nobody knows about him. He's always around with his homies. He says if his friends ever finds out that he's talking to a guy and that he likes me he will get shot or killed. He will lose everything. It's sad bc I know how much his friends mean to him but I tell him that he should just come out and tell them. But he just afraid on what will happen. And so sometimes I don't even bother talking about this bc if something happens to me bc of me I will never forgive myself. I will be hurt and it will just be the end of me. It's crazy! I've never ever felt like this before over someone and the fact that I fell in love with someone who's on the dl is just something I'd never pictured. It's hard it really is.. Bc we both love each other so much. He even wants to go live somewhere else so nobody will find out and I agreed .. We talked about everything. Our problems what we want what we will do what we will sacrifice for this relationship. Everything! He was like my best friend we would tell each other everything. So just yesterday we made plans on seeing each other again. Just last night he was telling me that I'm his happiness and that he got this that he's not gonna flake and that he won't care what people will think.. I was so happy bc it seemed so real.. So yesterday he was suppose to come to my house and so we could chill and finally get to see each other for the first time. I was feeling all sorts of ways. I was scared and he could already tell by the way I was texting. He was like what's wrong I said "idk I'm just afraid like I feel like this will be our last time talking to each other and I'm just afraid on losing you" he was like I know I'm sorry for hurting you but don't make me feel like that bc then I start to get nervous get butterflies in my stomach and end up flaking. I was like ok I'm sorry so I did my best on getting him feel good about it that he can do this that he shouldn't be afraid. So we said to each other that we were gonna get ready.. I was getting ready then all of a sudden he texts me "can we hang out tomorrow instead" lord I was mad. Said no come today or will be done blah blah .so he agreed he was feeling weird he said telling me he doesn't wanna hurt me and that everytime he's about to see me feels scared. Like the fact that he's in love with another guy and scared that he'll lose his friends just a lot. I was very scared and mad cause I knew since the morning something like this was gonna happen.. He was telling me that his friend was giving me him a ride and that he wishes he could tell him about this situation so he said he couldn't do it and to go away that he sorry.. He seemed very hurt I was very mad. Didn't respond to his messages cause I felt like he didn't care about nothing but his feelings... So now we were done. I miss him already. It's hard!!!! I'm hurt I cried so many times today bc I just wanted to hug him and have him feel relieved. I wanted to help him but idk.. I feel like I lost my soul my best friend my love my everything.. But I don't know what to do. To move on or help him get through this. Idk I felt like me waking away is very selfish and just fucked up bc I was willing to help him but idk bc he keeps flaking and keeps hurting me.. I feel like I should've understand and be with him until he feels ready to come out.. But other part of me is telling me I should just move on.. Idk what to do

2. aboutface

First off, and it's not a huge deal or anything, but using the enter key to make paragraphs could be helpful to people trying to read. One big block of text is hard on the eyes.

I'm sorry that the situation is so complicated and difficult for you. Still, I think you have all the information you need to be able to step back and look at the situation for what it is. If you can do that, then you need to ask yourself if you are able to try and deal with things the way they are (not the way you wish they would be) and be able to try and be supportive and help him, or if it's just too difficult for you to navigate without doing some real damage to yourself along the way.

Your post really does make it sound like it's the second one, and if that's true I definitely think the best thing for both of you would be to move on.