1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GiraffeHorns, Dec 23, 2014.

1. GiraffeHorns

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As of this year I've come out to my dad and well as one of my friends, but I think he's (my friend) using this against me in the sense that if I don't do something for him he'll tell someone. And I have no idea what to do please help!

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

ignore him, and i would really tell him that if he says that one more time I'm going to drop him as a friend. If you don't want to be out, and he is so low class as to carry through on the threat, well why should anyone believe just him? and you can point out to him that if he tries to out you or anyone against their will, everyone will hate him as a dirtbag loser who outs people against their will, and who does something like that to a friend. it only works as long as you let him. so if he does it, you would have two options. first to deny, and let people think he's a jerk; or second, to admit and be upset that you were outed by him because you wouldn't do something for him (huh???) and then everyone will KNOW that he is a jerk. you definitely don't need this guy for a friend.

3. AJ2014

What a jerk. I agree with what wildside said if hes like that then he's not a true friend. If you're dad is accepting talk to him about it. What he is doing is totally wrong dont let him make you do anything you dont wan to do. We are all here for you

4. sueb

This may sound harsh, but if he's making such threats, he's not really a friend. Try to talk to him about it, maybe he's taking it for a joke. Good luck :slight_smile: