1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LilDuckyCantFly, Dec 24, 2014.

1. LilDuckyCantFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I really need help on how to come out to my family... My family isn't particularly religious and they're not homophobic as far as I know, except for my auntie and uncle who are VERY homophobic so I'm cautious as to whether I should tell them... the only people who know are 3 friends who I've known for years, my mum, my stepdad and my girlfriend and her mum and they have all accepted me for who I am but they're still sometimes a bit cautious around me with what they say and how they act blahblahblah... really need advice on how to tell my family..... I need to tell them as its been really bugging me for a while now.....
    Oh and my girlfriend is bisexual to so it's all cool with her haha

2. ecturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say if you're super nervous, just try mentioning a political issue on gay or bi people to see how they react. If you do want to come out, you might want someone there to support you. Wishing you luck!

3. LilDuckyCantFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice!! One question though if you don't mind answering it please.. do you think it's best to leave it till after the holidays?? That way all the excitement and hyperactivity of it has calmed down??

4. Chriswe

I think it's smart to leave it until after the holidays yes. You don't want your topic to be washed away by "The guests are here!" or something like that.

5. LilDuckyCantFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok thank you, I'll let you know how it goes after the holidays then :slight_smile: