1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out at School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ecturtle, Dec 24, 2014.

1. ecturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay. So I have come out to family (except my seven year old sister) and close friends. So far everyone has been pretty accepting and I feel much better because I get to be myself. However, I'm not out at school yet and am sort of nervous because my school is very small (25 kids per grade). I have also heard people talking stereotypically and negatively about the LGBTQ+ community. No one knows much about it. I am really tired of hiding myself every day and was wondering if anyone had experience/advice about this.

2. The Aquarius

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it helps that you have close friends, if they already know and if they go to your school then it should be easy to ignore criticism when you are out. I am basically in the same situation as you at the moment minus the close friends. If you do get hated by your school, since your family is accepting you could always talk to them! ^-^

Hope this helped though, I'm not really fond of giving advice, lol.

3. ecturtle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Helped a bit, so thank you. Only problem for me is that my friends aren't close by. I am still thankful to know they love me for who I am though. Wish you some luck on finding a support group of friends at your school.

4. CyanChachki

I have a bit of bitter feelings about teens coming out during school. Mostly because I had such a terrible time trying to get through high school. I had friends but the bullying was too much to bare and repeating grades wasn't helping much either. Kids can be mean about anything, even if they're okay with it in general. I can't tell you what to do because it's your life and your choice.. so if you do come out, please be careful. They may or may not say some nasty things but if they do, then brush it off. Know that they're only doing it out of their own insecurity. I wish you the best of luck.