1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wongachick20, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Wongachick20

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do I have to come out. I mean I'm bi and aren't currently in any relationship. I'm quite nervous about the whole thing, because my parents have stated specific opinions on sexuality in the past. I'm thinking that their is no need to come out unless I get into a relationship with a girl. Though I'm not sure whether I'm just putting it off because I'm nervous. Any thoughts?:confused:

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, sure you're nervous, and there isn't much motivation to come out until there is another person in the picture. it is always your decision about when to come out, and to whom. I think that the key may be that when the pain of staying in the closet becomes greater than the pain of coming out, it's time to come out. For some people, who have accepting and understanding parents who don't make a fuss about sexuality, there is no "pain of coming out" so they come out when they're 14. for other, whose parents are strident homophobes and who will kick them out into the street the moment they come out, the pain of coming out is greater, and they really have to think about it more. But I really believe that once we fall in love with someone, we become committed to that person and willing to do for them what we were never able to do for ourselves. I hope that something in all that makes sense. (&&&)