1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents laready know, but I don't want to tell them

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lyjo, Dec 26, 2014.

1. lyjo

Hi everyone! So basically, I've known for quite some time that I'm not straight. I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian, but still wondering if I'm just bisexual. I've come out to all my friends, classmates, and to my sister. The thing is, I have a really supportive family and my parents seem to have guessed two years ago. But I somehow consider that coming out to my parents would make it all so much more real. It would be a bit like officially coming out to myself again. I just want to know if anyone has gone through the same thing?
    And also, why is it so obvious to people that I'm gay? I don't exactly fit the stereotypes (just a bit), but all the people I've told said they knew already. My sister and her friends where even talking about it before I came out.

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to the feeling of making it all so much more real and in my case it was related to not accepting myself fully.
    I still struggle with it from time to time. I believed many times I already accepted myself but then something happens and I realize that my "acceptance loading bar" :icon_wink doesn't reach 100% yet. In my case I think what holds me back is the fact that I haven't been with a woman and it brings me doubts. There's really no reason for having those doubts but they come and go anyway. Ugh.
    About why it's so obvious to people you're gay, it may be many things. Some people might get suspicious because you don't show any real excitement about boys, some might notice the way you look at girls, it could be something in your appearance... we do many things we're not aware of but what others notice. Maybe you can ask your sister how she knew.

3. lyjo

Hey paris, thanks for the answer. :slight_smile: It's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with that stuff. The thing is, I've fully accepted that I'm gay, but it pisses me off that everyone around me is straight. I haven't met a single lesbian teen (so sad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )
    And my sister and her friends say it's just obvious, which is kinda cool cuz I'm not trying to hide anything. :slight_smile:

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe all you need is to find a girlfriend, bring her home and tell your parents you two are dating. :lol:

5. lyjo

Haha that's what I'm planning to do :grin: