1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here. Advice needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bibibabi, Dec 26, 2014.

1. bibibabi

Hey, I'm not really sure where to start. From the beginning may be a good place. So I'm a 27 year old female, married to a guy and a mum of 4. I've known for as long as I can remember that I am bisexual. I've always been attracted to women. Just to clarify I'm very happily married to my husband, he is my best friend. Anyway, I've always been totally honest and open with him and he knows I am bisexual.
    Here is what you may find the deal breaker. He is happy for me to have relationships/sex with women. Not in a "I want to watch/join in" kind of way but is genuinely ok with it. I've only ever come out to my husband and a select few people. What I'm struggling with is should I come out to my family? I feel like I'm hiding something from them but at the same time feel they may not understand why I'm doing it when I'm happily married. I know they would probably be ok with it but they would also want to ask questions, want to know why I was coming out now.

This probably doesn't make much sense but I just needed to write it down somewhere. Thanks for listening

2. CrazyAwkward

First of all, welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    And what you said makes perfect sense. I think there are a lot of married bisexuals who feel the same way. There's likely some here who could give you better advice than I can, but I'll give it a shot.

Do you want to come out to your family? And do you feel ready? They might not understand at first, and that might make them ask questions. You could answer with what you've said here. That it feels like your hiding something from them. Explain how hiding it has made you feel. As long as you're prepared to do that, and you want to come out, I think it would be a good idea. Especially since your husband is so great and supportive about it. He could back you up if there's a need for that. But in the end, it's up to you.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
    Welcome to EC!!!!!!! You're definitely in the right place. You're lucky to know yourself so well, and to be out to your husband. It sounds like you have a relationship that works for both of you.
    As far as the family, well, I guess you have to examine the pros and cons. Will you be bringing the female friend to family events? If so, it would make sense to want to tell everyone. On the other hand, if it is something that is really only important to you and your husband, it might just be confusing to people who don't have a stake in that part of your life. Of course, only you know your heart, and if you are feeling that you just need to be open and honest with all the family about this aspect of your life, then....
    (&&&)

4. Really

Welcome! Quick note - your profile says "male". You might want to update that to avoid confusion. :wink: