1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out in a letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by emmyee, Dec 26, 2014.

1. emmyee

emmyee Guest

I have a letter written a coming out letter to my mom and plan on giving it to her tomorrow. I'm so nervous, I want her love and acceptance more than anything. Has anyone here had success coming out that way? And wish me luck!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've come out via letters that I have sent online. This method worked well for me :slight_smile: If she wants to talk to you, then I would have an open conversation with her about it. I would not force the issue though, since it could take her some time to get used to this new information.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

3. emmyee

emmyee Guest

Thanks! I'm giving her the letter this afternoon...hopefully it doesn't make things too awkward.

:slight_smile:

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*)
    Wishing you luck :slight_smile:

5. AJ2014

I came out via a letter went well as I wrote everything I wanted to tell her as no good at talking about how I feel.Good luck

6. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out in a letter to my ex gf. We had broken up nearly a year before I came out but we promised each other we would always be good friends (Which we have) and so I felt that she deserved to hear it straight from me rather than via second hand....and it was all good :slight_smile: I think writing a letter is a good idea....it allows you to get all your thoughts and feelings clearly written down without anything getting forgotten and it gives no opportunity for interruption like you ahve in verbal communication. You have time to get all your thoughts and feelings into place and to pre-empt any possible issues, upsets or questions they may have. Good luck :slight_smile: x

7. ZestyLion

I guess you could say I came out in a letter. It was really just texting, but it's basically the same since it's a permanent form of it. It has worked excellently so far for me. Nobody has told me that they'd prefer face-to-face. They actually encourage me to keep coming out via writing because it can be easier and more successful.

8. V777

V777 Guest

I came out to my parents via letter because I think it's easier that way. It went well. They accept me and they want me to be happy.

I've also come out to some friends via e-mail and it went well too.

Good luck :wink:

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! I also came out to my parents through a letter and it went mostly well (I mean, not that I think it would've gone better if I'd done it face-to-face, lol).