1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How and should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Davidman222, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Davidman222

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So after a long process of thoughts and feelings Ive accepted the fact that I am bisexual. Now the thing is my ex girlfriend who I am still in love with even after all the stuff she has done to me told other people about my sexuality when I wasnt ready to face that yet and now Im kind of depressed on that subject and I still think about her constantly and 'check' her social media all the time I lost my virginty to her and I still miss her a lot. So she kind of bullies me all her friends hate me they call me a player a womanizer and what not so they commented on one of pictures on instagram and well one of her friends brought up how "I thought I was gay over the summer" well that really hurt me and I was unsure what to do at that point so then i deleted the picture but now too many people know I mean I had just started coming around to the idea of the lable. So I had to come out to my friend becaues he saw the comment I just told him there was no further questioning he said 'wait how do you even know that' and i said 'i just always have' so now i have other friends that im scared to tell and as far as my sports go that really scares me my plan the whole time was to not come out tell after highschool or never if i found a girl that i would fall for (i did but she destroyed me) so now 6 people know about it and its only a matter of time before someone asks me and I honestly wish I could of did it on my own terms it made me figure out my sexuality and come to terms with it faster but I still reallt hate that other people know I mean I feel like I need to tell girls when I talk to them or before I ask them out or anything and there is only one gay guy that I know and hes supportive but I dont like him like that like I would want to fool around just to get the feeling of being with a guy but i dont find him that attractive im just unsure how to go about this.

2. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry your ex gf did what she did and has made your situation that much harder for you. Maybe in some ways though it could be a blessing in disguise....in that when you do decide to officially tell people, the idea of you being bisexual has already broken the ice, so to speak. People who are not in the position of GLBT people sometimes seem to have difficulty understanding how we 'know' which sex(es) we are attracted to if we haven't been sexual with that sex. This is the situation I am in...I have always been sexually attracted to men...even though I have never been sexual with a man yet...it is something that you just feel inside isn't it. For what it's worth I think the fact that the girl in question is now your ex girlfriend is a good thing....I don't know you at all apart from your message above...but I know you deserve SO MUCH MORE than to be treated this way :slight_smile: x